Wednesday, April 6

Attempted the Whole "Quilting" Thing......

After some news from my boyfriend's sister I decided that I should get on the quilting train and see about making a baby quilt. I'm quite happy with the results and was able to get it done in one day. First attempts aren't usually the best and there are some things I need to work on like getting the squares to line up just perfectly.

Thanks again to Boone Walmart/Michaels for such a lovely fabric selection, not! Maybe I need to get into ordering fabric online. Thankfully babies are associated with bright colors and simple patterns because that's most of what they have. :/

I decided to go with anchoring the quilt with little bows, still some work to be done there.
I left a large section in the middle because I'm planning on learning to embroider at some point, or possibly applique there? Either way, there is some planning and research to do there.

I would really love some tips and advice from anyone out there who is willing to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment