Wednesday, April 6

Oh Baby!



Speaking of babies, making baby bibs is where its at! They are fun to design and fairly easy to put together. On previous bibs I have done I was just straight stitching right along the outer edge to finish it up but I have never been totally happy with the results. That being said I found a more suitable solution to this, going all along the perimeter with the zig-zag stitch, covering up the edge of the fabric makes for a very sturdy (maybe too sturdy,) finished look. I also used this technique on the strip for a more uniform look.



I used 3 different fabrics for this project and the way I cut out the fabric gives me enough for 2 bibs (a set.) The second, on hold for the moment while I work on pillow covers, will have the pink fabric on top and the rose fabric on bottom, same stripes in the middle, but more on that later! This bib has a Velcro closure, any moms out there, is that preferable to snap closure?



I also tried out a little applique on this bib and sealed it off with a blanket stitch. Not too shabby! Somehow the roses ended up perfectly placed, something I always forget to plan for :).

Thinking about selling these $10 for 2? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. these are super cute... i prefer snaps for Aiden its just to hard now with him wiggling around so Velcro is the best. and i think thats a reasonable price for homemade bibs... you should find a craft show near you and set up a table! you do great work!

    ReplyDelete